DBS MARINA REGATTA 2015 : A WATER SPORTS FESTIVAL FOR ALL (THERE’S MORE TO IT THAN PADDLING!)
This year’s DBS Marina Regatta promises to be bigger and better than ever before and, while it ignites the Bay with Southeast Asia’s one-of-a-kind experiences, we dip our toes in and find that there is much more involved than paddling events alone!
No matter if you are a lady who participates in Dragon Boating and paddling activities, enjoys to watch such water sporting events or wants to get surrounded by some of the DBS Marina Regatta 2015 festivities, we find there is more to DBS Marina Regatta 2015 than paddling. Ladies, here is our Ladies Guide to : DBS Marina Regatta 2015.
The DBS Marina Regatta 2015 spans over 3 weekends (30th and 31st May / 6th and 7th June / 13th and 14th June 2015) and, with some 2,500 paddlers competing in 9 race categories as well as being alongside the 28th SEA Games, the festivities and fun go way beyond the waters of the Marina Bay area.
Some highlights we are sure you ladies will enjoy are:-
- The Artisanal Flea Market where you can shop for quirky one of a kind products and chat to the local craftsmen (and women). A shopping experience any lady will not want to miss. Find more information HERE.
- Music & Beats by the Bay is a sure venue for music lovers. Listen out for the newest up-and-coming talents from song writers to drummers. Find more information HERE.
- The freshest fruit and vegetable produce is often home grown and, if growing your own fruit and vegetables is something you want to try your ‘green fingers’ at, you can check out the Urban Farming workshops and learn all there is to get you started. Click HERE for more information.
- Indulge your taste buds and gather with like minded foodies at the Food Village by Savour. More information to whet your appetite HERE.
- If taking in the art scene is something you enjoy, then the DBS Art Park is the location you will be hanging out at. Catch works by Liu Kong, one of Singapore’s most important artists and be amazed how actors bring the essence of the painting to life. More information can be found HERE.
- As the lights go down on the 7th June, ‘Move for Joy‘ will set the skies alight with the unforgettable choreographed pyrotechnic and laser show. Find more information HERE.
Of course, there are lots of Water Sporting events to immerse yourself in such as; Dragon Boating with crews in teams of 12 and 22 (Women, Men and Mixed races), Paddle for Good, Stand up Paddling, SEA Games Sailing, and more. For a full schedule and more information on DBS Marina Regatta 2015, click HERE.