SUPERFOODS RECEIPE : EASY OVERNIGHT OATS WITH CHIA SEEDS
By Ruth Chew
Did you feel inspired to check out superfoods since reading our feature of Superlife Co recently?
As promised, here is a super easy superfood recipe using Chia Seeds and more super ingredients from Superlife Co.
EASY OVERNIGHT OATS WITH CHIA SEEDS
Makes 1 serving
What you will need:-
- Mason Jar or Quattro Stagioni Jars 8 oz / 250 ml (available at Fairprice Finest)
- 4 – 5 tablespoons of raw Organic Rolled Oats, less if you like your oats less chunky
- 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds (White and/ or Black), soaked in boiled water and strained.
- 170g of Strained Greek Yogurt, half of 340g Chobani 0.5% yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup or Honey (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Organic Milk (Rice/ Almond/ Oat/ Soy) to fill
- Layer oats at the base, soaked chia seeds, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla and milk. Cover the jar and shake well. Leave in refrigerator for about 8 hours and it’s ready to eat!
Top with fresh fruit and baked almonds for an amazing breakfast. I like to use raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Alternatively, sliced bananas, blueberries and baked almonds are a great combination too. Each serving is packed with great fibre, enough carbohydrates for day-time and super nutrients and antioxidants.
Did you know?
Chia seeds contain 3 times more antioxidants than blueberries when soaked and 8 times more Omega 3 than salmon. The tasteless seed is versatile and can be added easily to food or drinks. Soaked chia seeds in warm water is filling and helps to stave off unnecessary hunger pangs.