IS YOUR BODY BEACH FIT?….COUNTING DOWN TO ZOUKOUT FOR FESTIVAL FIT AND BEYOND
It’s that time of year again when thousands of festival goers are getting ready for what promises to be the Beach Party of the year.
The two-day ZoukOut festival, taking place from 12th to 13th December, offers music and dancing from dusk till dawn. With international artists and Zouk resident DJs on the decks and a diversity of sounds from Electro to Trance to Techno to House, it’s a music experience not to be missed.
More than 40,000 partygoers will descend on Siloso Beach, Sentosa, to celebrate the 14th year of ZoukOut, Asia’s only sunrise festival. There’s nothing quite like the experience of dancing all night until the last beat stops, right at Sunrise.
ZoukOut launched in 2000 with the aim of becoming the region’s definitive dance music festival and bringing Zouk’s spirit and energy to the great outdoors and an even larger audience.
For more information on this year’s event and to buy tickets please visit http://www.zoukout.com.
It’s not too late to tone a little flab before the Beach Party at ZoukOut commences and well, lets face it, if your mind is Beach Party ready then your body can follow suit! Take a few minutes to look through some great fitness tips provided by Edwin Aw, Fitness Team Leader, Fitness First Singapore at One Raffles Place and stay fit long beyond after the ZoukOut Beach Party:-
- Butt & Back: TRX® Back rows with squats
This movement combines a lower and upper body exercise.
– Start by holding both handles in front of waist, elbows bent slightly by your sides.
– Leaning backwards to about 45 degrees and extend arms in front of you at eye level.
– Perform a squat by lowering your body down into a squat, using the TRX® straps to maintain balance.
– Push back up to starting position and then pull body up towards the anchor point as you bend your elbows and bring chest close to palms.
- Abs: Lying Leg raises
This exercise targets the lower abs.
– Lie down face up on the floor or on a bench, place hands behind glutes with palms facing down. Keep legs as straight as possible, point your toes towards your shins.
– Slowly raise legs perpendicular to the floor, hold the contraction at the top and slowly lower legs to start position.
Perform all exercises back to back (Super Set), 15 to 20 reps each exercise with 30 seconds rest in between exercises. Do a total of 5 rounds.
Repeat the exercises in a circuit. 12 reps of each exercise with 30 seconds rest in between exercises for a total of 5 rounds.