CALLING ALL CREATIVE TALENTS TO FEATURE WORKS FOR 50N 50
50N 50 is a creative project launched to commemorate Singapore’s 50th year of independence. A first of its kind, the multi-platform project aims to invoke and strengthen the identity of Singaporeans by tracing Singapore’s evolution from a post-war colony 50 years ago to a thriving first-world nation today. 50N 50 will feature creative works revolving around 10 different themes, ranging from HDB to transport to education to economy to people and more.
Creative talents in Singapore are invited to send in their works at (http://50on50.com.sg). The creative submissions can be in the form of music, videos, dance, animation, illustration, photos, and poetry, among others. 50 selected works will be curated and unveiled as a series of 10 webisodes on HISTORY and 50N 50’s platforms over a period of 10 weeks, starting from 8 August 2015.
A joint initiative by CreativesAtWork, JellyFarm Studios and HISTORY (StarHub TV Ch 401), supported by SG50 Celebration Fund, 50N 50 provides a valuable opportunity for the local creative talents to demonstrate their works and bring the international spotlight to the great places, people, and food in Singapore.
Calling All Creatives : Submit Creative Works for the 50N 50 series on HISTORY
All creative submissions for the show must revolve around these themes in order to be included:-
- HDB – Home to 80% of Singaporeans, this is where you can make a tribute to your estate or compose a rousing rock ballad about the joys of flat balloting.
- TRANSPORT – The focus is on the public transportation on the island and the evolution of transportation in Singapore from trishaws to MRT.
- EDUCATION – This is where we take a look upon the evolution of schools in the nation. Contributors can submit works that take a look at how education helped to shape the future of the nation.
- FOOD – The foremost concern of every Singaporean. Expound on your favourite dishes, or sing an ode to the stall everyone should try.
- ARTS/MEDIA – Here you can talk about the cultural side of Singapore and about our local movies, music, painters, etc.
- THE NATIONAL ANTHEM – The National anthem was written by Zubir Said and is a statement to the people to stand together and to march to progress. This theme calls for contributors to submit creative works or come up with a live performance that focuses on this. Tell us what the National anthem means to you or what you think every Singaporean should know about it.
- ECONOMY – Singapore’s ports, factories, Shenton Way, the Monetary Authority of Singapore, banking and finance and the setting up of the Economic Development Board were efforts by the Government to build its economy. Contributors should interpret the country’s economy in true SG50 style.
- WATER – Water has been a precious resource of Singapore. Contributors should take a creative perspective on the role of water in Singapore’s national-bulging efforts.
Besides showcasing Singaporean’s creativity to an international audience, 50N 50 sets the stage for Singaporeans to celebrate the nation’s 50th birthday in a uniquely Singapore way.
For more information, see 50N 50 HERE