LIVE THE BEAT
The Music Run is back this year with louder and more heart-thumping beats on 23 April 2016 at Sentosa. Ditch the headphones and run through the 5 different music zones – rock, pop, old school, hip hop and dance. Designed specially for this year’s run, 120 concert speakers along the 5k run, each 1k zone along the running course will pump 150,000 watts of music known as ‘The Sound Track’ with different music genre for different music zones.
This phenomenal music and fitness wave has won over many fans worldwide from Los Angeles to Bangkok, Hamburg to Singapore. Making it the one of the fastest-growing fun run events globally, from just 4 races in 4 countries with 35,000 runners in 2014, The Music Run is set to hit 40 cities in 18 countries and over 350,000 runners this year.
“I ran The Music Run last year and it was the best experience ever! Every km presented music from a different genre. In fact, we were running, dancing and bouncing so much. Not to mention, we had inflatable life size guitars and we pretended to be rock stars as we ran. Every lap we ran, we’ll stop to jive like rock stars.” ~ MartiniBlanc.com reader, Simon See.
For a start, the music experience starts the moment runners sign up for The Music Run, the opportunity to pick the music they want to listen to during run by voting online for their favourite hits on The Music Run’s digital music partner, Spotify® . The most popular songs with the most number of votes will make it to The Music Run official soundtrack.
Here’s how to vote for your favourite songs:
- Visit The Music RunTM by AIA Singapore at: http://themusicrun.com.sg
- Scroll down to the Pick a Playlist Section
- Listen and decide on the song you would like to vote
- Click “Vote Now”, followed by clicking on the “tick”
- Click share to increase the chances of your favourite tracks being picked!
- Repeat Step 1 for the next genre of music!
Note: Music Runners are allowed to vote for up to five songs per genre per day.
The Music Run Details
Date: 23 April 2016 (Saturday)
Venue: Palawan Green at Sentosa Island (Next to Beach Station / Beach Car Park)
The Sound Track (Run Route):
- KM1 – AIA ROCK Zone
- KM2 – POP Zone
- KM3 – OLD SCHOOL Zone
- KM4 – AIA HIP HOP Zone
- KM5 – W DANCE Zone
- 3.30pm – Gates Open
- 5.00pm – Run Starts (First Wave)
- 6.00pm – Last Wave
- 6.30pm – After Party Starts
- 9.00pm – Event Ends
- 9.00pm onwards – Post Party at W Singapore Sentosa Cove with DJ Sam Withers (Australia)
Activities at Music Village:
- Live Performances and DJ sets: Local Band Sam Willows
- DJ Sets: Sam Withers (Australia)
- Chill Out Zone
- Silent Disco
- Giant Inflatable Slide
- Games and Interactive activities at WOOBAR mobile booth
- Public Transport – alight at the Beach Station on Sentosa Island (train from VivoCity, entrance fee to Sentosa is waived upon showing The Music Run Beat Band)
- Driving – nearest carpark to the Music Village is the Beach Station Carpark on Sentosa
- Free Entry into Sentosa island via tram, taxi and on foot. Participants who drive-in will be charged an entry fee of $2 (at 50% discount)
- Standard – S$50 (Early Bird: 15th February – 10th April), S$65 (11th April – 17th April)
- Rock Star – S$75 (Early Bird: 15th February – 10th April), S$90 (11th April – 17th April
All participants will receive a Medal at the Finish Line.
Fees include entry* into Sentosa and a The Music Run by AIA running pack containing exclusive goodies essential for every Music Runner (to be collected during Official Event Pack Collection)
To register for The Music Run, please visit www.themusicrun.com.sg