A COLLECTION OF WHAT WE HAVE DISCOVERED LATELY : WHAT’S NEW IN FOOD & DRINKS TO SINGAPORE NOVEMBER 2014 FEATURE
When it comes to food & drinks, we think Singapore already has it all but, to stay one step ahead, there are always some new and exciting consumables heading out way. With out recent discoveries from Supermarkets tempting us with delicious goodies, restaurants serving up new menus and bars mixing some fabulous new flavor cocktails. Yumminess in all forms in our Discovering New Food & Drinks feature.
Ice Cream – Already an indulgent pleasure but its just got so much better with the four luxurious new flavors from Meadow Gold. Bold Chocolate Decadence, Delectable Caramel Pecan, Heavenly Macadamia and Lush Red Velvet:-
Meadow Gold Bold Chocolate Decadence is one of the most full bodied chocolate ice cream creations we have ever tasted. Too good to resist and is sure to be a favourite among chocolate lovers.
Meadow Gold Delectable Caramel Pecan has a silky-sweet texture with a caramel ripple swirled into creamy dairy ice cream, and not forgetting the pleasure of pecans.
Meadow Gold Heavenly Madadamia is going to be the choice for those preferring vanilla, this creamy dairy ice cream has a crunch of macadamia nuts for a taste of heaven!
Meadow Gold Lush Red Velvet features velvety red chocolate dairy cream mixed with tantalizing marshmallows. We can see why this is such a popular choice.
Meadow Gold Indulgence Collection is at a price of S$9.90 per 750ml tub. Go on, indulge a little or a lot!
The Manhattan FISH MARKET
Fish among friends – Our favourite FISH MARKET restaurant, The Manhattan FISH MARKET has recently presented new and bolder flavors to their menu and we were among the lucky shoal to try some of the 43 new flavors:-
- As part of the new and bolder flavors, a dish of Curry Hill Seafood is a first for The Manhattan FISH MARKET, this dish is inspired by Murray Hill in Manhattan, affectionately known as Curry Hill to New Yorkers. This tantalizing dish is a full aroma of different spices, choose from Curry Hill Seafood with Slipper Lobster or Curry Hill Seafood with Tiger Prawns. Both are a perfect combination of succulent seafood just bursting with bold curry flavors. This is actually one of our favourite flavors on The Manhattan FISH MARKET menu!
- When friends and family dine together a great dish of bonding is shown, we have been liking The Manhattan FISH MARKET signature Flaming Platters but now, are delighted to see an additional 4 Platters added to the choices. Time to gather friends for some end of year sharing platters.
- Want to play Roulette, Oyster Roulette? This starter features four spicy poached oyster shooters they all look the same but the catch is, just one is an outstandingly spicy oyster and will knock your socks off! Its a fun starter for sharing among friends but don’t forget a large mocktail to douse the fire.
- If we were pushed to choose a true favourite from The Manhattan FISH MARKET new and bolder menu selection, then we opt for the Flaming Cheeesy Baked Rice. This flame-grilled dory fillet sits atop well-seasoned Coriander and Rosemary Herb rice and making it extra special is the restaurant’s signature (at-table) flaming technique to perfectly finish off the dory filled. Why we like it – the fish is succulent and the rice has a ‘just right’ blend of herbs. It’s a must try for sure.
Drink up – New beverages to sip
The very Parisian Restaurant Grill, Hippopotamus have recently launched new additions to their drinks menu. From French wines as house pours to 5 delicious cocktail choices, we are spoilt for choice when choosing the perfect drink to pair with our prime steaks. With red as the signature color at Hippoptamus, we are not surprised to see 4 out of the 5 new cocktails are a beautiful deep red shade and with cocktails at S$14.90 in the heart of the Central Business District, this has got to be a regular spot for the after work crowd.
- When it came to tasting these new cocktails, we were divided between; Luigi – created with Gin, Vermouth, Grenadine, Triple Sec, a dash of orange juice and a taste of juniper berry or the more refreshing Bay Breeze – a mix of Vodka, cranberry juice and pineapple juice. Both would be a perfect match for a plate of seafood.
- The Strawberry Daiquiri is going to be the choice of those preferring sweet cocktails – Rum, Strawberries, Strawberry puree, lime juice and sugar syrup. Yet the Cranberry Kick has a tart balance to the sweetness – Vodka, Cranberry Juice and lime juice.
- Finally, the odd one out from the new cocktails is this Poker Face – with a mix of Tequila, Triple Sec, Pineapple Juice and a hint of orange, this will pair perfectly with deep friend calamari or other combo platters.
With delightful appetizers on the Hippopotamus Menu, choose a cocktail with a difference and go for the avocado and prawn. Very refreshing especially when paired with the Bay Breeze.
- Review: Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro (martiniblanc.com)
- Review: Asian Burger Ramada Hotel Flavours Restaurant (martiniblanc.com)
- Review: Harry’s Bar Marina Bay Link Mall (martiniblanc.com)
- Review: The Alkaff Mansion Ristorante (martiniblanc.com)